Wednesday, October 31, 2007

RSS Reader

Thing Eight




I think RSS reader will make searching for information from the internet much easier. Once a RSS feed or newsreader is created all my loved web sites will come to me with updated information on my favorite topics. I have no personal friends or family members that have blogs, but I guess this could be one way to share information and keep current with my Mesquite librarian bloggers.

I am not for sure how I would use this in the library. I thought it might be useful as a way to build an information system so that teachers and students could have easy access to researcharticles or items that are in the news that might grab their interest or attention. Also, RSS might provide an online connection to school-related research from home. Students could then have online learning through homeschooling. This seems similar to the class projects page or the pathfinders that the other librarians and I use. Since class periods are so short, it would give students quick access to information, saving them valuable research time.
Posted by techshy at

Posted by techshy at 9:15 AM 0 comments
Monday, October 29, 2007

No comments: