Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Podcasts

Thing Twenty-One

I browsed all the podcast directories and discovered that podcast.net was the easier one to use.
I found a set of podcasts on teen/librarians that had podcasts on an array of topics that teens and librarians face today. Some were MySpace, anime and manga, blogs, social networking, and wikis. Since MySpace and other social networks are so controversial, I chose "Need a Reason to Allow Social Networking Sites?" According to a survey of teens, "more that 50 percent specifically talk about schoolwork." As of now, I do not know how useful some of the podcasts would be to me, but I found a lot of interesting ones on teens and the new trends in technology.

I also added this article to my shared items.

2 comments:

abclibrarian said...

Thanks for the link to the SLJ article. I am going to look into Nick.com and see if it would be useful in the elementary school. Out of all the web 2.0 tools, podcasts is my least favorite tool. I prefer to read material than listen to it but I'm sure that there are those that prefer to listen.

abclibrarian said...

Thanks for the link to the SLJ article. I am going to look into Nick.com and see if it would be useful in the elementary school. Out of all the web 2.0 tools, podcasts is my least favorite tool. I prefer to read material than listen to it but I'm sure that there are those that prefer to listen.