Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Zoho Writer

Thing Seventeen

Zoho Writer is an advantageous web-based tool for word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other applications. Its particular values are having access to your documents from any computer and the capability of multiple users editing and collaboratively working on a project together. Also, the document can then be emailed to anyone without sending it as an attachment. Since many of my students do not have computers at home, another asset is their projects and essays can be typed online. Now, I do not have to worry that the students' assignments cannot be saved on the PC computers. I can definitely see a use for Zoho Writer at my library.

Here is my test document for Zoho Writer.

Now that Christmas break has ended, school has returned to its normal routine. Since this school year is the first in many years that the term did not end before Christmas, the teachers are frantically reviewing materials and trying to get in late work for the six weeks. I am visiting with the reading teachers to schedule their classes into the library to work on TAKS skills. Also, I have a math teacher willing to work on a TAKS project in the library. In addition, I am trying to again promote my Texas Lone Star books, hoping to have a greater number of students attending Celebration Station.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I couldn't find your link to your zoho document but it is a useful tool for students.